Last updated May 22nd, 2019
Banner 9 Upgrade
The Banner 9 upgrade is a campus-wide initiative to upgrade and move both the application and affiliated infrastructure to the cloud. This site will be used to communicate what is being done and expected by users throughout the duration of this extra-large strategic initiative.
The infrastructure is vastly different in this version of Banner, thus requiring an extensive amount of technical expertise to configure everything needed to support the new Banner 9 application. The Banner 9 upgrade creates a unique opportunity to customize our cloud network offering flexibility, even stronger security, high availability, and an redundant infrastructure with disaster recovery.
To ensure data integrity and ease within the implementation timeline, we have acquired extended support for our existing Banner 8 application, so users can continue to operate efficiently within a known environment. Moving forward, Banner will undergo changes within Forms/Reports. F/R in Banner 8 will become Banner Admin Pages in Banner 9. While there are no functional enhancements included with the new forms, they will provide an improved user interface compatible with all current browser types.
Please Note: At this time, the RAIL self-service system is not being upgraded.
May 22nd, 2019
Internal and external teams continue to engage in the development and the architecture of the new cloud infrastructure. Functionality and data integrity testing is in process on the test database that serves as the prerequisite and cornerstone for the development and installation of Banner 9. Determined production database upgrade date.
Upcoming Major Milestones & Objectives:
- Migrate departments to new application server for Forms/Reports
- Upgrade production database
- Financial Aid Upgrades B8
- Install Banner 9 components
- Banner 9 module upgrades
Major Tasks Completed:
- Financial Aid COD upgrade 4/23/2019
- Test database upgrade 4/8/2019
- Hot Key functionality update 2/20/2019
- Financial Aid Pell schedule upgrade 2/6/2019
- Banner 8 module upgrades 1/18/2019
- 1098T’s distributed 1/18/2019
- Financial Aid loan packages and disbursements 1/4/2019
- Build new application server for Forms/Reports 12/19/2018
- Website created 12/6/2018
- Upgrade of Banner 8 database 11/26/2018
- Communication Plan created 11/16/2018
- Banner 8 backups in the Cloud on going
Major Tasks in Progress:
- Build Cloud infrastructure
- Testing database upgrade functionality
- B9 Integrator selected
If you want more information about this upgrade, please use the links below to access more comprehensive documentation. These pages will open in a separate web browser window.