“The IT Dept. was quick at checking out my problem. Thanks so much for all you do!!” — Faculty, February 2018
Systems and Infrastructure Status
Unplanned outage: No unplanned outages at this time.
Planned outage: No planned outages at this time.
January 5, 2018
The most recent phishing email started arriving yesterday into accounts. This appears to be from the Human Resources Department. It states you have a message and includes a link. The page which the link goes to spoofs our email system’s login screen.
This is a malicious email. Do not click the link. Delete this email message.
If you clicked on the link by accident, please contact the IT Services Desk so they may assist you. Their contact information is further down on this page, under the To get help section.
Older phishing attack updates
Please check our News Archive
Tips for Student Email Problems
- Your student email password was reset to synchronize with your Sakai / Computer Account password. The Username is still your email@example.com, but the password changed.
- If you feel your password is not working, log into the RAIL system, click on Personal Information, click on Password Management and then click on Change Password. Change your password following the rules stated on the page. After changing your password, log out of RAIL and wait at least 10 minutes before trying your password. NOTE: This password change will not only change it for your email account, but also your Sakai login, logging into campus lab and classroom systems, and for validating / registering your personal devices for use on our network.
- For mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, you must enter your Sakai / computer account password into your device’s email app. If you do not, it will keep trying to use the previous invalid one.
- Also for mobile devices, you must change the server address in the email app settings. Most students have the server address as pod51011.outlook.com. That server address is no longer valid. Please remove this server address and enter the new server address of outlook.office365.com
If you are still having problems, please contact the IT Services Desk. Their contact information is at the bottom of this page under the To get help heading.
Extended Support Hours
IT Services Desk Hours
The IT Services Desk hours are Mondays – Thursdays from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., and Fridays from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
After Hours Support
After Hours phone and email support is available between 5 P.M. and 8 P.M. (Mondays – Thursdays). Contact us via phone at 304-263-3066 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Device Registration Instructions
As we start a new semester we wanted to share important information with you about registering your devices for use on the campus network including wi-fi.
- Desktop computers used in residence halls can be registered by students. Please visit the FAQ page, or click here.
- Laptops, tablets, iPods, smartphones and other smart devices may be registered by you. Please click here to register these types of devices.
- To register devices such as game consoles, Rokus, SmartTVs, and similar devices; please visit this web page.
If you have any questions or problems, how to contact us is immediately below.
To get help
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 304-876-5457 (Main Campus) or 304-263-3066 (Martinsburg Center)
- At the Main Campus, go to the IT Services Desk in the basement of the Library. Look for the sign above our area.
- For the Martinsburg Center, go to room 118. If no one is there, please go to the Front Desk.
Updated March 14, 2018