Orientation Step 1: Advisement & Registration
To begin your transition to Shepherd University, students must complete Orientation Step 1: Advisement & Registration (A&R).
|Sign me up! (First Year Students)||Sign me up! (Transfer Students)|
By participating Orientation Step 1, new students will
- successfully complete the advisement process and register for their first semester,
- understand academic degree requirements for their field of interest,
- meet their peers and at least one faculty member from their major,
- become knowledgeable about resources offered to them on campus for a successful transition into the Shepherd University community,
- confirm their decision to accept admittance into Shepherd University,
- become familiar with the Shepherd campus, feel welcomed and ready for the semester,
- create an atmosphere that will minimize anxiety, promote excitement for learning, and positive attitudes,
- and be provided with opportunities and resources for both family members and students to learn comprehensive information about Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management, and Student Affairs.
Parents and families are invited and encouraged to attend with their student.
Orientation Step 2: New Student Welcome
You are on your way to becoming a Shepherd RAM! Orientation Step 2: New Student Welcome, you will kick-off your college career at Shepherd University.
By participating in Orientation Step 2, new students will
- gain the ability to articulate and understand the benefits and challenges of the diverse student population and campus community,
- become familiar with the clubs, organizations, programs, and success tips, offered through Shepherd,
- meet with their academic advisor from their department to begin creating a positive and worthwhile relationship,
- participate in Convocation, the ceremonial procession beginning their collegiate career at Shepherd University,
- and create relationships that will assist in community building and retention.