Counseling Services is located on the ground floor of Gardiner Hall and is accessed through the Health Center. We are staffed by three full-time Licensed Professional Counselors from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Appointments can be scheduled by calling the Health Center at 304-876-5161 or by completing an online request form through RamPulse found here: Request for Counseling Services
**Important Information In the Time of Coronavirus: This is a challenging time for all of us. Counseling Services is available to provide help and support through phone and video conferencing only at this time. When the pandemic has ended, we will resume in office sessions.
Free confidential counseling is available on campus to all students. We focus primarily on short-term counseling. Referrals to outside agencies for more extensive or comprehensive services are also available; however, Shepherd University will not assume the cost for these outside services.
- Support students in overcoming specific personal, interpersonal, or educational problems.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop self-management, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Motivate students to reduce harmful behavior and increase healthy, life-affirming behavior.
- Provide education, assessment, and consultative services in the areas of mental health and well-being.
In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911, or 9-911 from a campus phone. Always notify your resident assistant of an emergency if you live on campus.
24 Hour Crisis Lines:
- EastRidge Health Systems: 304-263-8954 or 855-807-1258
- Berkeley Health Center Emergency Psychiatric Services: 304-350-3338
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860