What is the Shepherd advantage?
With Washington, D.C., and Baltimore just 90 minutes away, Shepherd University students have a multitude of internship opportunities available in the metro region. Furthermore, Shepherd continues to expand its internship partnerships throughout the United States.
Recent internships include:
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Invenergy Beech Ridge Energy Storage Project
- Jefferson County Historic Landmarks Commission
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- KRM Associates
- Mason County Historical and Preservation Society
- National Cancer Institute
- National Rural Health Association
- New York Fashion Week
- PotomacWave Consulting
- Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education
- Rose Hill Manor Park and Children’s Museum
- U.S. Coast Guard Operations Systems Center
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts
- The White House
As a student, how can I learn from my peers about their experiences?
The “In Their Own Words: Student Internship Experiences” page provides examples of recent student experiences, featuring interviews with the student interns themselves. These internships are in a variety of fields, highlighting the possibilities available for students regardless of discipline.
As a student, how can I find out more about internships in my specific major?
The “Internships by Academic Departments” page provides contact information for internships within each academic department at Shepherd. It is recommended that you contact the appropriate person listed to schedule an appointment with them at least two semesters before you hope to undertake an internship experience.
As a potential external partner, how can I work with Shepherd to provide opportunities for students?
Dr. Jason Best, Assistant Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Academic Strategic Partnerships, serves as a liaison with external research-oriented entities in order to develop and implement new partnerships that match the interests of our students and faculty with the opportunities and needs of that partner. He may be reached by email or phone: