Student Consumer Information
Information Resources for Students
The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, requires institutions to provide easy access to information for students. This page contains links to information resources for prospective and enrolled students.
- Academic Dishonesty
- Academic Programs
- Board of Governor’s Policy 35 – Information Technology Security
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Complaint Process
- NC-SARA Complaint Process: Shepherd University agrees to work with its Home State’s SARA Portal Entity to resolve any complaints arising from its students in SARA states, and to abide by decisions of that entity regarding resolution of such complaints. The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission is the state SARA Portal Entity and the link to the complaint process may be found here.
- Co-operative Education Services
- Credit Hour Compliance Faculty Resources – NEW!
- Credit Hour Definition – NEW! Expanded Carnegie Definition
- U.S. Copyright Law
- Emergency Information
- Graduate Faculty
- Financial Reporting Home Page
- Instructional Facilities
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Price of Attendance
- Privacy of Student Records-Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Student Activities and Information
- Student Diversity
- Support Services and Facilities for Students with Disabilities
- Technology Acceptable Use and Security Policies
- Textbook Information
- Transfer Admissions and Credit Policies
- Transfer Articulation Agreements
- Veterans and Students with Military Service
Shepherd University Profile: 2015 Factbook
Shepherd University Voluntary System of Accountability (VSA): College Portrait
Accreditations & Affiliations
Commission on Collegiate Nursing (CCNE) –
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Shepherd University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Shepherd University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Student Financial Assistance
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local and Institutional Programs
- Be Legit and Financially Fit: Tools necessary to formulate solid, basic money management skills promoting a life of financial wellness.
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Financial Aid Disbursement: See General Overview of Loans
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Student Loan Information
- Refund Policy
- Return of Federal Aid after withdrawal
- Satisfactory Academic Progress : (SAP)
- Withdrawal from a course
- Withdrawal from the University
Teacher Education Programs
Teacher Preparation Program: Shepherd-Title II Report
The most current information may also be found by clicking here and using the search tool for Shepherd University, Mountain East Conference.
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)
- Academic Success Rates (ASR) and Graduation Success Rates (GSR) of Student Athletes: Academic Success Rate 2008-2011 Cohort; Institutional Data (2010-2011)
Health And Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Shepherd University Interpersonal Violence Resource Center: This includes information on sexual harassment, reporting options, resources, victim rights and advocacy, and Title IX information.
- Suicide Prevention (Jamie’s Law)
- Vaccination/Immunization Policies
- Campus Safety Policies
- Clery Act Information and Annual Crime Statistics Report
- Crime Log
- Fire Safety Policies
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Retention Rate
- Graduation Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Transfer-out Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid: AY 2015-2016 (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Transfer-out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Job Placement and Satisfaction of Graduates
- Licensure Pass Rates
- VSA-College Portrait Future Plans Survey of Bachelor’s Degree Recipients
Picking The Right College Is A Big Decision
The first step is getting information to help you make the right choice. The College Portrait is a source of basic, comparable information about public colleges and institutions presented in a user-friendly format.
NOTE: This page covers a broad range of topics provide essential understandings and tools to encourage a successful academic experience, as mandated by federal requirements set forth in the Higher Education Act of 1965 (amended in 1988 and 2008).