Find a Therapist
Since Counseling Services provides short term assistance, it may be helpful to consider finding a local mental health provider in the community to meet longer term goals. Two important resources for this include:
- Psychology Today’s Therapist Finder tool, where you can select your preferences and insurance to narrow your search.
- Your insurance company’s Provider Directory, or calling the number on the back of your insurance card for approved providers.
Common concerns about finding the right therapist are addressed here.
Other helpful tips:
- Choose 3-4 potential therapist to contact.
- When you make your initial contact, be sure to leave your availability and your insurance carrier.
- Be patient. Many therapists have to wait until sessions are done before returning emails and phone calls.
- If you plan to explore medication as a part of your mental health care, you may benefit from being a patient at a clinic that has both a psychiatrist and therapists.
Local mental health centers include: