- PPD tuberculin testing (fee)
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Weight monitoring
- Loan of medical equipment; crutches or wheelchairs
- West Virginia Family Planning Services
- Testing and treatment of some sexually transmitted diseases
- Community referrals for more extensive medical needs
- Sexual assault counseling and referral
- Throat cultures for strep infections
- Emergency contraception – Plan B (morning-after pill)
- Self care center
- Flu Shot (fee)
- Pregnancy Tests
A designated location has been created to provide a space for those who are nursing. The room is located in the Health Center, Gardiner Hall and is open by appointment only. This designated space was created in support of Shepherd students, staff, and faculty who have chosen to continue breastfeeding while working or attending classes. The room offers a quiet area with a chair, table, and privacy screen and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To schedule this space, please contact the Health Center at 304-876-5161 or email email@example.com. Walk-ins appointments are available, however, space may be limited.
Cost of Services
Services at the Health Center are included in your registration fees. Students are responsible for costs incurred outside of the Health Center including lab work, x-rays and prescriptions. Fees are charged for flu vaccination and Tb testing.