TELECOM SERVICE CHARGES
To activate Voice Mail on a campus telephone, please contact the I. T. Services Desk at x5457. The cost for Voice Mail activation is $75. The activation fee can be paid using your department Visa.
SETTING UP YOUR VOICE MAILBOX:
WHEN CALLING FROM YOUR BUSINESS PHONE
Dial the voice mail access number 9-304-728-1242
At the prompt, enter your temporary pin. This will be the last four digits of your telephone number when accessing your voice mailbox for the first time. A tutorial will help you set up your mailbox.
WHEN CALLING FROM ANY OTHER TELEPHONE
Dial the voice mail access number 304-728-1242
At the prompt enter your 10-digit mailbox/office telephone number.
At the prompt enter your pin. This number will be the last four digits of your telephone number when accessing your voicemail box for the first time.
USING THE MAIN MENU
The Main Menu is the first set of options you hear when you first access your mailbox:
• Press 1 to Listen to your messages
• Press 2 to record and Send a Message to another Shepherd voice mailbox
• Press 3 to Set-up and manage your Greetings and Name Announcement
• Press 4 for Mailbox Settings
• Press 5 for Reminder Settings
• Press 6 to Manage Erased Messages
• Press 7 to Log-In (to a different mailbox)
• Press 0 for Helpful Hints
• Press * to End the Call or Hang-Up
LISTENING TO YOUR VOICE MAIL
• Press 1 to listen to voicemail messages from the main menu
The playback keys, listed below, are only active during the playback of a message. They are designed to help you listen to your messages, for example by skipping back a few seconds to repeat an important detail.
Playback keys within the listening option:
6 Increases the volume of the message. You can press this several times to incrementally increase the volume.
7 Slows the playback of the message. You can press this several times to incrementally reduce the speed of the message.
8 Pauses the playback of the message for up to 20 seconds. A recurring “ping” sound informs you that the message is paused. Pressing 8 again resumes playback.
9 Speeds the playback of the message. You can press this several times to incrementally increase the speed of the message.
77 Skips back 5 seconds.
99 Skips forwards 5 seconds.
When the message has finished playing, the following options are announced. Once you have chosen an option the next message will begin playing
• Press 1 to Play message from the beginning
• Press 2 to Save the message and go to the next
• Press 3 to Erase the message
• Press 4 to Reply to the message
• Press 5 to Send a copy (forward) of the message to another subscriber (be sure to enter all 10 digits of the phone number)
• Press 1 1 to Return to the previous message
• Press # to KEEP the message as new and go to the next message
• Press * to go to the MAIN menu
When you enter this menu you will hear an announcement stating what greeting you are currently using. You can choose from a selection of different greetings:
• A Personal Greeting that plays a custom message. This personal greeting was recorded when you set up your account.
• You can set an Extended Absence Greeting to play when you are out of the office or away from your phone for a long period of time. Callers are required to listen to your greeting before they can leave a message.
Press 3 from the main menu to manage your greetings and record your name announcement:
• Press 1 to set up a Personal Greeting
• Press 2 to set up an Extended Absence Greeting
Press 3 to record or change the name announcement
First time setting up extended absence greeting
— Press 1 to prevent callers from leaving a message
— Press # to allow messages (to be left in your mailbox)
If extended absence already established (you will be told if active or not)
— Press 1 to enable/disable your extended absence greeting
— Press 2 to review your extended absence greeting
— Press to exit without making any changes
— Press 3 (if enabled) and you want to change whether messages are accepted by callers
CHANGE the PIN
From the main menu:
Press 4 to change settings
Press 3 for security opitons
Press 1 to change pin