What is Success Coaching?
Success Coaches help students create and commit to their success. We understand that success looks different for everyone during the college journey. Coaches meet with students one-to-one to address challenges and create an individualized success plan.
- An accountability partner to help you handle the academic workload, build academic skills, earn strong grades, and more
- Equipped with resources to address your concerns, make a plan, and connect you with key campus staff and faculty
- Guided by our “80/20 rule”: 80% of a session is your lead, your concerns, and your perspective. Your Success Coach covers the remainder with purposeful questions, thoughtful support, and productive action steps
- Different than your Academic Advisor! Your advisor will help you understand topics such as building a class schedule, class registration, degree requirements for your major or minor, the course catalog, and other important academic policies to help you stay on track as you progress toward your degree.
- Bring open and honest communication to the session for productive conversations (and we promise to provide you with trust and patience!)
- Come prepared with assignment sheets, syllabi, or other items that help the meeting focus on a desired topic
- Show commitment to the process to help you achieve your goals
- Personalized and consistent low stress, comfortable meetings
- Reading, writing, and study strategies to help you earn strong grades
- Managing stress and maintaining motivation to help conquer academic and life pressures
- Learning to advocate for yourself and become the best student you can be
- Practicing academic strategies tailored to the specific way you learn
- Opportunities to discuss topics that matter to you—here are more examples of what our coaches can cover: organization, goal-setting, connecting with campus resources, handling the workload, note-taking and test-taking strategies, communicating with professors, time management, study techniques based on your unique learning style, giving presentations, and more.
If you are ready to take this step, visit our Virtual Appointment page to schedule a session with a Success Coach!