Winter Break Closing Guide 23-24
Residence Halls Close on Saturday, December 9 at 10:00am
- Residents must leave by Saturday, December 9 at 10:00am unless approved for extended stay.
- Extended stay applications are on the Good Living Portal under Applications & Forms. Students must submit request by Wednesday, December 6.
- Pack all belongings for a month-long break as students will not be able to access their spaces until their move in time block in January
- Clean and prepare your space by following the closing guide provided
- Check out of your space by following the QR code on your door
- If you are graduating, transferring, withdrawing, approved to live off campus for the spring semester, please fill out the Cancel Residency Agreement form on the Good Living Portal. Clear out all belongings, thoroughly clean the space, and check out with an RA in person between December 4- December 8: 10AM-10PM or December 9: 8AM-10AM
✓ Pack ALL important belongings from your room
(ex: medication, books, passport, chargers, etc. You will not be permitted to enter your space during break)
✓ Empty trashcans and fridge of perishable items & take trash to dumpster outside
✓ Close & lock your windows, close & slat blinds
✓ Vacuum or sweep floors, wipe down surfaces, & clean up any mess
✓ Suites: clean shower, sink, and flush toilets
✓ Traditional: Make sure all personal items are removed from community spaces
✓ Unplug everything except fridge or fish tank
✓ Set room temperature to 68°F
✓ Report any maintenance concerns on Good Living Portal
Graduating or Not Planning to Return?
Complete the Cancel Resident Agreement form found on the Good Living Portal under Applications & Forms.
- Residents must be approved by the professional Residence Life staff prior to any housing or meal plan charges being removed. Moving out without completing the Cancel Resident Agreement and being approved to live off campus will not remove the terms of the Agreement and will not remove billing.
- You must check out with a Resident Assistant in person before leaving. Failure to do so could result in improper check out fees.
- RA’s will be available for in person check out Monday December 4 – Friday December 8 from 10AM-10PM.
- On Saturday, December 9 checkout times will be 8AM – 10AM when halls close.
- All belongings must be removed from the space if there no plans to return.
- The space must be cleaned and ready for a new occupant upon student departure
- Remove all items from the fridge
- Clean all surfaces in the kitchen
- Remove and clean any dishes from the sink
Any food items left in the community kitchen fridge over break that are left unlabeled will be discarded
- Remove all clothing items from machines and folding tables
- Clean out lint traps after use
- Throw all trash items (dryer sheets and lint) into the trash can provided
Any items left in the community laundry room over break will be discarded
Need to stay over break?
Complete the extended stay request found on the Good Living Portal under Applications & Forms by Wednesday, December 6.
- You will be billed $25 per day unless you are part of a University-approved activity, sporting event, or group
- You will receive a confirmation email of your extended stay status from Residence Life
Resident Assistants will still conduct a Health and Safety Inspection of every room on December 9 beginning at 10 AM
January Move in
Keep an eye on your student email for more information on selecting your move in time block