What is the Good Living portal?
The Good Living Portal is your access into completing the Resident Agreement, submitting housing preferences, meal plans and requesting roommates. Commuters can also request your meal plans through the Good Living portal. Other forms, such as the “Off-campus Request Form” are also available through this portal.
Residents: Steps to Sign up for Housing on Good Living
Shepherd University believes living on-campus is an important piece of the educational experience. Therefore, all Shepherd University students are required to live on-campus. There are a set of residency requirement exceptions listed here.
- Activate Your Shepherd Account (new students only)
- For instructions of initial account setup, visit www.shepherd.edu/accepted-students
- Click on “Student Email Account”
- Note: There is a 24-hour account activation period
- Complete Housing Application
- Step 1: Log into the Good Living Portal using your username and password.
- Step 2: Read the resident agreement and electronically sign to accept the terms and click to submit.
- Step 3: Complete the application and answer questions about your preferred housing type, meal plans, and living style.
- Step 4: Click to submit your application.
- Note: Your application is not considered complete until your $100 housing deposit is paid.
- Pay $100 Housing Deposit
- Please note that the $100 housing deposit is not the $100 enrollment deposit that may have paid as an “enrollment deposit” to confirm enrollment at Shepherd University.
- The housing deposit must be on file before room assignments can be made.
- To make the payment:
- Via mail:
- Make checks or money orders payable to “Shepherd University”
- Mail to Residence Life, PO Box 5000, Shepherdstown, WV 25443
- Note: We do not accept cash via mail.
- Via phone:
- Debit or credit card payment can be processed
- Call the the Business Office at 304-876-5284
- In Person
- Please visit Business Office (Room 212) on the second floor of Ikenberry Hall
- Please call the Business Office ahead of time with any questions at 304-876-5284
- Via mail:
Commuters: Steps to Sign up for a meal plan
1. Click on the Yellow Good Living Portal button above.
2. Enter your Shepherd username and password.
3. Click on the “Meal Plan” tab and select your meal plan.
4. You will receive an email confirmation that you have completed the Meal Plan request process.