The Office of Accessibility Services at Shepherd University offers the following academic accommodations (including but not limited to):
- Extended Test Taking Time: This accommodation provides students with additional time to take quizzes and exams.
- Extended Time on Assignments: This accommodation is granted to students with a disability that impacts their ability to complete assignments at the scheduled time. More information on this accommodation can be found in the Extended Time on Assignment Guidelines.
- Alternative Testing Format: This accommodation provides students with an alternative format for their tests.
- Reduced Distraction Environment for Testing: This accommodation provides students a quiet environment to take their tests, which can be done in the Accessibility Services Proctoring Office.
- Use of a Calculator: This accommodation allows the student to use a calculator on their exam.
- Permission to Record Class Lectures: This accommodation allows students to record their lectures to be reviewed later.
- Preferential Seating: This accommodation allows students preferential seating for their in-person classes.
- Test Read Aloud: This accommodation provides students the opportunity to have their test be read aloud.
- Enlarged Print: This accommodation allows for students to be provided with larger print versions of class materials.
- Accessible Classroom: This accommodation ensures an accessible classroom for the student. For example, if a student used a mobility aid, the classroom would be accessible by ramp/lift/elevator.
- Braille: This accommodation provides students with braille versions of class material.
- Assistive Technology: This accommodation provides students with technology to assist them in their classes. For example, a student may be provided with an EchoPen, which is able to record audio while a student writes notes.
- Intermittent Attendance: This accommodation allows for leniency in a professor’s attendance policy due to a student’s disability. More information on this accommodation can be found in the Intermittent-Attendance-Guidelines
- Priority Registration: This accommodation allows a student to register for classes early because of their disability.