Become a Peer Tutor
Fall 22 Peer Tutor Applications Open
If you are interested in working as a tutor, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a full time student at Shepherd with a CUM GPA 3.0
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the subject you will tutor
- You must earn the grade of A or B in the classes you will tutor
- You must secure a recommendation by a faculty member
- You must complete an interview with the Director of the ASC
If you are interested in becoming a writing tutor, you need to meet one additional qualification:
- Either complete and pass English 377: Peer Tutoring and Composition Theory with an “A” or a “B”. (This class is usually offered each fall semester).
- Or have a full endorsement from the English Department. (This notification must be given to the ASC Director from the department).