The Shepherd wireless network is available to students, faculty and staff. The network is called registration.
It is available in all academic, administrative, common and residential buildings.
We are constantly trying to improve coverage, but there are some spots where there is not coverage or the coverage is weak. If you find a spot which has a weak connection or no coverage, please contact the IT Service Desk so we are aware of it.
Android version 11 has begun forcing server certificate validation. As a result, self signed certificates are no longer supported for any Android version 11 devices. For the time being anyone trying to connect an Android version 11 device to Wi-Fi will only be able to use the Guest network. As a reminder, the Guest network will require you to login once a day.
Student owned laptops, tablets and smartphones must be registered to connect through our Wi-Fi network to the Internet. Personal devices are allowed access to the internet only. Windows systems require an active and up-to-date anti-virus system in order to pass the registration process.
Select the appropriate wireless client instructions below.
- Windows 10 (in PDF format)
- iPhones/iPads/iPods (in PDF format) using iOS 12 and lower
- iPhones/iPads/iPods (in PDF format) using iOS 13 and higher
- MacOS 10.14 and lower (in PDF format)
- MacOS 10.15 Catalina and higher (in PDF format)
- Android Devices and Chromebooks
- Other Linux systems are allowed, but instructions are not provided due to the diversity of vendors and versions. Linux users are encouraged to search the Internet for more information.
If you need more assistance, please contact IT Services Desk at x5457 or e-mail email@example.com to submit a ticket to our system.