Shepherd University accepts transfer students each fall, spring and summer semester. While we operate on rolling admissions, it is suggested you apply the semester before you intend to enroll at Shepherd University.
- At least 24 earned college level credits from regionally accredited institutions.
- A 2.00 cumulative college GPA from all previously attempted coursework. Select disciplines at Shepherd (including nursing, education, and social work) have additional admission requirements.
- If a student has less than 24 earned college credits, a high school transcript or GED/TASC will be required. If the student graduated from high school within the past five year SAT/ACT scores will also be required.
- Applicants must be in good standing and eligible to return to all former institutions.
1. Choose your program of study. Students transferring with more than 30 credits must declare a major.
2. Submit your application online and pay the $45 application fee. (Students applying for a Transfer Scholarship Agreement Program, the Blue Ridge Education 2+2 Program and the Eastern West Virginia Education 2+2 Program must use the appropriate PDF application in lieu of the online application.)
3. Submit your official college transcripts from each previously attended institution. Also submit your high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores if you’ve completed less than 24 college hours. Transcripts can be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 5000
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
4. It is recommended that you submit a personal statement with your application. Personal statements can be typed into the online application, mailed, or emailed to email@example.com. For a list of writing prompts, click here.