We are excited to host your event! Please review our party rules below.
Games Zone Rules
- We request all private parties are booked at least 10 days priors to allow us to find appreciate staff coverage. Any parties booked within 10 days are subject to cancellation if staff is not available.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult while using the Game Zone.
- Billiards players must be at least 12 years of age.
- Be aware of the weight of the bowling ball you and your child are using. Various other weights can be obtained from the Games Zone desk.
- Proper bowling shoes should be used at all times. Bowlers are not permitted to bowl in their socks, heels, boots, or sandals.
- Socks must be worn with the Games Zone bowling shoes at all times.
- Please send only one bowling ball down a lane at a time.
- Please do not load more than 8 bowling balls on a single ball return.
- Wait until the bowling ball has stopped rolling on the ball return before trying to pick it up.
- If a bowling ball gets stuck, please try using the reset button (found on the side of the ball return). If the ball still does not return, please see the Games Zone Attendant.
- Return all bowling balls to the rack when finished.
- Return all bowling shoes, billiard balls and racks, board games, and cards to the counter when finished.
- Return all cue sticks to the wall mounted cue racks.
- Parties are expected to clean up all food, drinks, utensils, and napkins within 15 minutes after the rental.
- Please refer to the Student Center Decorating Polices if you plan to decorate the space for an event.
- Since Shepherd University is a tobacco free campus, we ask all facility users to refrain from using these products. For more information, please visit: https://www.shepherd.edu/tobaccofree
- The Games Zone staff reserves the right to ask any individual(s) and/or group(s) to leave that are in violation of the rules, without a refund.
Student Center Decorations Policies
- Masking/drafting tape may be used on concrete walls only. Please do not use tape, staples, or tacks on wallpapered areas or ceiling tiles of the building.
- Ceiling tiles should not be removed or tamped with for user(s) safety.
- Use of ceiling hooks is required for any overhead lighting effects.
- Ceiling hooks can be provided at the Information Center.
- The use of paint, confetti, powder, glitter, silly string, and straw or hay is not permitted inside the facility.
- Open flame devices are only permitted under direct supervision of an adult. Please be mindful of flammable fabrics and any hot wax that may drip onto facility property.
- Please keep the furniture in the designated room.
- Electrical setups for concerts, musicians, special events, etc. may only be connected to electrical panels with prior approval and on-site assistance from the Facilities staff. Please submit any request to the Student Center Operations Manager at least 10 days prior.
- Please remove all decorations at the end of your event.
- Any damages to the facility will be charged back to the group.