Scarborough Library Room Reservations
Scarborough Library offers a variety of meeting spaces, including 5 conference rooms, an instruction lab, an educational technology room, and a classroom. Below you’ll find descriptions of our rooms, as well as room reservation policies and procedures.
If you have any questions about reserving a room, contact:
Public Services Manager
Library Room 203
Room Reservation Policies
- Rooms may be checked out at the Public Services desk with your Rambler or library card.
- Rooms are checked out for a standard duration of two hours. If your scheduled reservation is longer than the standard two hour check-out, please ask the desk attendant to modify the time due to match your reservation time. If this is not done, you will need to renew the room every two hours.
- Rooms will be held for 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, after which the reservation will be canceled and the room given to the next customer.
- If the room is left vacant for any period of time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room given to the next customer.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify Theresa Smith ASAP (email or call 304-876-5217).
- Any food or drink must be properly disposed of.
- The whiteboard(s) must be thoroughly cleaned.
How to Reserve a Room
Please read the room descriptions below and choose the room suitable for your needs.
When making a reservation, please include the following information:
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Purpose of the room use
- How many people will attend
- Date of reservation
- Beginning and ending times of reservation
For Conference Rooms 209, 243, 308, and 343, patrons can request a reservation online through the campus’ Virtual Event Management System (VEMS) or by contacting Theresa Smith 304-876-5217. To reserve rooms 256, 307, or 309, the lobby, front porch, or patio please contact Theresa Smith.
Any audio visual needs or computer/equipment set-up requirements must be arranged in advance through IT Services. Make requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Room 209
Conference Room 209 is equipped with a MondoPad and a small whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available. The table setup consists of six tables seating two people each, in a classroom format. The chairs and tables are mobile and may be rearranged.
Conference Room 243
Conference Room 243 is equipped with a whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available.
Classroom 256 may be reserved for semester-long classes and is equipped with three whiteboards, a Smart Board, a podium with laptop, a built-in projector and screen. Data ports and Wifi are available.
Instructors – when reserving Classroom 256 please include the following information:
- Course name, number, and section
- Instructor’s name
- Beginning and ending date of the course
- Beginning and ending time of the class
- Days of the week the course is taught
Library Instruction Lab Room 307
Instruction Lab 307 is equipped with 24 Dell laptops, a projector, and a podium with laptop. The room may be reserved by faculty and staff for training or testing purposes. Instructors are asked to limit class usage to six sessions per semester. When not reserved, 307 is open as a computer lab for general student use. Please see Library Instruction Lab Use Policy for further information on reserving the lab.
Conference Room 308
Conference Room 308 is equipped with a whiteboard and LCD Monitor. Data ports and WiFi are available.
WV Conference Room 309
WV Conference Room is reserved mainly for university departmental, committee, and staff meetings. A phone is available for conference calls. Data ports and WiFi are available. The room is equipped with a screen and a portable whiteboard.
Conference Room 343
Conference Room 343 is equipped with a whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available. A phone is available for conference calls upon request.
EduTech Room 350
The EduTech Room is available Monday through Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- 2-Hour time limit
- User accepts full responsibility for all equipment available in the room and must sign a liability agreement to this effect
- All equipment is ‘self-service’. Appointments for instruction must be made in advance through Richard Lanham (email@example.com, (304)876-5457)
- Equipment may not leave the room
- All food and drink is strictly prohibited in the room
- For immediate technical assistance, contact
- Richard Lanham (304)876-5457
- Laura Renninger (304)876-5461