Scarborough Library Room Reservations
Scarborough Library offers a variety of meeting spaces for Shepherd faculty, staff, and students including 4 conference rooms, an instruction lab, an educational technology room, and a classroom. Below you’ll find descriptions of our rooms, as well as room reservation policies and procedures.
Reservations must be placed at least one business day (Mon-Fri) in advance. Same day reservations will not be accepted.
Room Reservation Policies
- Rooms may be checked out at the Public Services desk with your Rambler card.
- Rooms are checked out for two hours and may be renewed for another two hours, if available.
- Due to limited space and high demand, rooms may be reserved no more than one week in advance.
- Recurring reservations will be accepted only for university-related business, as space allows.
- Rooms will be held for 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, after which the reservation will be canceled and the room given to the next patron.
- If the room is left vacant for any period of time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room given to the next patron.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify Theresa Smith ASAP (email or call 304-876-5217).
- The whiteboard(s) must be thoroughly cleaned using the supplies in the room key bag.
How to Reserve a Room
Please read the room descriptions below and choose the room suitable for your needs.
When making a reservation, please include the following information:
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Purpose of the room use
- How many people will attend
- Date of reservation
- Beginning and ending times of reservation
For Conference Rooms 243, 308, and 343, patrons can request a reservation online through the campus’ Virtual Event Management System (VEMS) or by contacting Theresa Smith 304-876-5217. To reserve rooms 256, 307, 309, or 350, please contact Theresa Smith.
Any audio visual needs or computer/equipment set-up requirements must be arranged in advance through IT Services. Make requests by emailing itworkorder.
If you have any questions about reserving a room, contact:
Public Services Manager
Library Room 203
Maximum room capacities have been modified to provide for social distancing required during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Conference Room 243
Conference Room 243 is equipped with a whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available.
Capacity: 10 + instructor
Classroom 256 may be reserved for semester-long classes only. The room is equipped with three whiteboards, a Smart Board, a podium with laptop, a built-in projector and screen. Data ports and Wifi are available.
Instructors – when reserving Classroom 256 please include the following information:
- Course name, number, and section
- Instructor’s name
- Beginning and ending date of the course (not including final exams week)
- Beginning and ending time of the class
- Days of the week the course is taught
- Date(s) when final exams will be held
- Number of students in the class
Library Instruction Lab Room 307
Capacity: 8 + instructor
Instruction Lab 307 is equipped with 8 Dell laptops, a projector, and a podium with laptop. The room may be reserved by faculty and staff for training or testing purposes. Instructors are asked to limit class usage to six sessions per semester. When not reserved, 307 is open as a computer lab for general student use during times specified in the Library Instruction Lab Use Policy.
Conference Room 308
Conference Room 308 is equipped with a whiteboard and LCD Monitor. Data ports and WiFi are available.
WV Conference Room 309
WV Conference Room is reserved for university meetings. Data ports and WiFi are available. The room is equipped with a screen and a portable whiteboard.
Conference Room 343
Conference Room 343 is equipped with a whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available.
EduTech Room 350
Use of the EduTech room is restricted to Shepherd faculty, staff, and students. The room is equipped with a Smart Board, 1 Mac and 1 PC (both with Camtasia and Adobe), video camera, 35MM SLR camera, webcam for video conferencing, whiteboard, and microphones. Currently only the Mac and PC are accessible.
- User accepts full responsibility for all equipment available in the room and must sign a liability agreement to this effect at every visit.
- All equipment is ‘self-service’. Appointments for instruction must be made in advance through Richard Lanham (304)876-5457
- Equipment may not leave the room
- All food and drink is strictly prohibited in the room
- For immediate technical assistance, contact
- Richard Lanham (304)876-5457
- Laura Renninger (304)876-5461