What do I do after I retire and how will Shepherd help me stay connected?
- Notify Human Resources (304-876-5299) that you wish to retain your Shepherd University computer account and email privileges so that you will receive notification of news, events, and programs that you may participate in after retirement.
- You may retain your Rambler Card, which will allow the following perks for retired faculty and staff:
- Complimentary and/or discount tickets to cultural events and University activities: Contemporary American Theater Festival (CATF) CAT discount cards (www.catf.org); music department passes and concert discounts (www.shepherd.edu/music); Performing Arts Series at Shepherd (PASS) events discounts (www.shepherd.edu/passweb); athletics events passes and discounts (www.shepherdrams.com);
- Scarborough Library (shepherd.edu/library) privileges and use of the faculty study room (room 300);
- Rambler discounts (shepherdwellness.com/rambler-card);
- Wellness discounts (shepherdwellness.com), excluding free Wellness Wednesday access;
- Audit privileges for all courses in the University curriculum;
- Other special employee discounts listed on the HR website.
- Notify your dean and department chair if you wish to remain involved with students, with programs, or with special campus/community events. Staying connected keeps you young!
- Support the University with your encouragement and your gifts (shepherduniversityfoundation.org).