The Office of Accessibility Services at Shepherd University offers the following Housing Accommodations:
Please note: Housing accommodations do not determine a specific residence hall on campus but provide a placement that meets the approved accommodations.
- First-Floor Room Accommodation
- Single Room Accommodation: Students can request a Single Room Accommodation. Housing accommodations do not determine a specific residence hall on campus but provide a student with a documented disability a location on campus that meets the student’s accommodations.
- Off-Campus Housing Accommodation: A student with a documented disability that prevents or prohibits them from living on campus may apply for an off-campus housing accommodation. Please note, other reasonable accommodations may be explored first to meet student needs with on-campus housing. Should no other reasonable accommodation be available to meet the needs of the student, this accommodation will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Accommodation: Students with documented disabilities may request an ESA accommodation that would provide an animal that fosters emotional or other support to provide relief for one or more symptoms or effects of a person’s disability. ESAs are only permitted in residential buildings on campus.
- Meal Plan Accommodation: A student with a documented disability pertaining to meal plans (dietary restrictions, allergies, etc.) may apply for an accommodation through Accessibility Services. Should no other reasonable accommodation be available through communication with dining services, this accommodation will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Disability-Related Roommate Request: Students can request a Disability-Related Roommate Accommodation if they have a documented disability that significantly impacts their living arrangements. This accommodation does not determine a specific residence hall on campus but grants a student a residence hall room with their preferred roommate/suitemate.