Your computer account was created shortly after you either registered for classes or made your orientation deposit.
Your username and password can then be retrieved through the RAIL system. This is the system you used to register for classes or handle business with the University. Step-by-step instructions for this process follow.
Here is what you need to do to look up your username and change your password.
- Click on the RAIL link here.
- Click on the Login to RAIL link with the wording in black and the yellow background on the RAIL page.
- Enter your SID (Shepherd ID) and your PIN on the User Login screen.
- Click on Personal Information on the Welcome screen.
- Click on Password Management at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Look up your username. Your Username will then be displayed.
- Click on Back to Password Management Menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on Change password.
- Enter your new Password twice (See notes below before continue these instructions) and click on Change Password. A confirmation page will state your password has been changed.
- To protect your privacy, click on EXIT in the upper right corner and close your browser when you have finished viewing.
Notes about changing your password.
This change will take up to 10 minutes to synchronize with all of our systems. If you change your password in RAIL and then immediately try to use the new password on our systems, it probably will not work on some or all systems. Please give the systems time to synchronize the new password.
Rules for your new password:
6 to 8 characters long
Can contain: upper case and/or lower case letters; numbers
Cannot contain: special characters such as !, &, $, ^, etc. because some of our systems do not handle them correctly.
Your username and password allow you to access:
- Campus owned computers
- Internet access in residence halls
- Wireless network
- Personal network disk space
- Shared network disk space
- Learning Management System – Sakai
For more information, visit ID, PIN, Username and Password FAQ’s.