Support the Biology Program
- Student and faculty group sessions: first-year biology major orientation and advisor-advisee get-togethers
- Student and faculty research presentations
- The purchase of teaching and research supplies and equipment
- Microbiology course reaches many students. It is required of majors in Nursing and recommended for majors in Biology, Biochemistry, and Environmental Studies.
- Gifts to the Paul Saab Memorial Lab support the continued purchase of equipment for the Byrd Science Center teaching lab, now housing the Microbiology course.
- The purchase of native West Virginian trees to populate the arboretum.
- The purchase of supplies to integrate the arboretum into the campus and Shepherdstown.
- The arboretum’s use as an education center.
- Dr. Carl Bell Biology Scholarship — designated for students pursuing a degree in the biological sciences.
- Darrell Reeder Memorial Scholarship — designated for students majoring in biology.
- Elsie Brown and Joseph J. Renn Memorial Scholarship — designated for majors in biological science majors.
- John B. Morrill Scholarship — designated for students majoring in biology conducting summer research with a Shepherd faculty member.