Biology Department Scholarships
The Department of Biology nominates students for and awards scholarships each year (end of the fall semester). All are merit-based, and some are restricted to class standing or other criteria. All scholarships awarded are between approximately $200 and $1,250.
If you as a biology major would like to be considered for any of the named Biology scholarships listed below, please send a letter to Dr. David Wing, Chair, Dept. of Biology, indicating your interest as well as your credentials (you may include your unofficial transcript, resume or CV, and any other supporting materials you feel relevant).
Current Biology Scholarships
- Dr. Carl Bell – open to any Biology major
- Captain Charles Hendrix – 1st Preference to Jefferson or Berkeley County High School Graduates; 2nd Preference to other Eastern Panhandle High School Graduates; student in Pre-Med or a related field of study
- Rauch Science – Biology Major with a 3.0 or higher GPA; Freshman or Sophomore standing
- Darrell Reeder – open to any Biology major
- Elise Renn – open to any Biology major
- Paul Saab – open to any Biology major
- Gerald Smith – Biology Major; must be a Winchester or Frederick County, VA resident
- Charles Woodward – open to any Biology major
Current Science Scholarships
NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium: These scholarships and fellowships support undergraduate studying any science, technology, engineering and math field, there does not need to be a direct connection to outer space related projects. Biology majors are encouraged to apply. The fellowships are awarded to students conducting research projects.
The deadline for students to apply: September 25, 2017. Research endorsements and faculty advisor evaluations are due by Wednesday, September 27, 2017. Please find the applications here: https://spacegrant.net/apps/?pk=wvf1