Scholarships and Fellowships
Please follow the link from this site for a list of scholarships and fellowships established by generous alumni donations.
MCAT Test Dates for 2019 were released. (March 15 + 29; April 5, 6, +13; May 11, 18, 23, 24, + 31; June 1, 15, 28, + 29; July 10, 13, 19, + 20; August 2, 3, 9, 17, 30 + 31) It is recommended that you apply 60 days before the test date. Please visit http://aamc.org/mcat
More from WVU Dentistry: The DentSTEP Program is running again! Details and applications are available from your advisor.
Visits From and Contacts For Program Representatives
(No scheduled visits this summer 2019)
Tri-Beta holds weekly meetings.
Shepherd U., SOARS (summer research with College of Natural Science and Mathematics faculty): The undergraduate researcher will receive a $4,000 stipend for summer research under guidance of a SOARS mentor. Complete application is due February 22, 2019. More information and application forms are available from the CNSM faculty.
WV-INBRE Summer Research Program: The undergraduate researcher will receive a stipend and conduct research from May 28th to July 30st, 2019. Participation is open to all students who are enrolled full-time at the institutions participating in the WV-INBRE network who will have not graduated by August 2018. Priority will be given to students who are considering careers in biomedical research. The application and supporting documents are due in the WV-INBRE office on or before February 8, 2019. For more information and application materials, please visit http://www.wv-inbre.net/summerprogram/2019_Research/
Cacapon Institute: Cacapon Institute is working with Charles Town, Martinsburg, Region 9 Economic Development Authority, and WV Division of Forestry (Inwood Office) on summer internships (temporary, seasonal, part-time) in the area of Urban Forestry. All positions start May 20, 2019 and end August 2, 2019. All positions are paid hourly. The postions are:
- Cacapon Institute Project Inventory, to assist with tree plantings, rain gardens, and Best Management Practices (BMP) across Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan counties and GIS assessments.
- Charles Town, in collaboration with Cacapon Institute, to assist in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data collection, digitization, and processing efforts.
- Martinsburg, in collaboration with Cacapon Institute, to assist in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data collection, digitization, and processing efforts. (two positions)
- Martinsburg, in collaboration with Cacapon Institute, to assist in our effort to establish a tree canopy goal for Martinsburg.
- The WV Division of Forestry (Inwood Office), in collaboration with Cacapon Institute, to assist Tree Maintenance including watering, mulching, pruning and general care of planting sites across Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan counties.
Application details and preferred qualifications are available from Biology faculty and other CNSM faculty.
National Cancer Institute (NCI): The NCI at the Frederick, MD campus has internships available and alumni are specifically looking to help Shepherd students. Watch this site for updates for 2020 application cycle or visit http://www.training.nih.gov
Millipore/Sigma: Internships (biologists, chemists, and engineers) are available at this global science company. Visit the career website for listings (to use the website, chose the state Maryland for positions at the Maryland labs and offices, and chose level ‘current student’ or whatever is appropriate.) https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/students.html