You are considered a first-time freshman if you have or will be recently graduating from high school or have obtained your GED and have never attended a college or university. Students who have attended any institution of higher education after high school/secondary school cannot apply as a first time freshman student.
Fall 2022 Application Deadlines
Early Action: November 15th, 2021
General Admission: August 1st, 2022
The Office of Admissions carefully evaluates each student’s application and completed a holistic review of the student, including academic performance and personal character and achievements. When evaluating high school coursework, we look for completion of the following number of units/years:
- 4 English (including courses in grammar, composition, and literature)
- 4 Mathematics (three units must be Algebra I and higher)
- 3 Social Studies (including U.S. history)
- 3 Science (all courses to be college preparatory laboratory science, preferably including units from biology, chemistry, and physics)
- 2 Foreign Language or American Sign Language (two units of the same language)
- 1 Art/Humanities or Technology
2. Submit the $45 application fee or an approved application fee waiver.
3. Send an official high school transcript or GED to Shepherd either electronically to email@example.com or via mail to:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 5000
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
Please note that official transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope, or electronically sent from the issuing institution directly to Shepherd University. Print transcripts that are opened by the student or electronic transcripts that are forwarded are considered unofficial.
Home Schooled students who do not have a transcript must submit GED/TASC results.
4.(Optional) Send your SAT or ACT scores. (SAT code: 5615, ACT code: 4532).
5. It is recommended that you submit a personal statement with your application. Personal statements can be typed into the online application, mailed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of writing prompts, click here.