Career Life Series – First Presentation LIVE
6 p.m., Robert C. Byrd CHE Auditorium
“How To Use Branding, Communications, And Marketing Strategies To Land Your Dream Job”–presented by Sandy Sponaugle ’95
When seeking a job, it’s not just about filling out an application and hitting “send.” You can get a leg up from the competition if you look at yourself as a personal brand, and use proven marketing & communication strategies in your pursuit.
- Establish and create a personal brand that gets you noticed by your preferred potential employers
- Effectively communicate with Gen X and Baby Boomers – Guess what? When you know how to communicate with them in the way they prefer, you get MAJOR brownie points.
- Start out at your new job on the right foot from Day 1 so you can be happier, more fulfilled and more successful at your new job.
- The most common mistakes made by job-seeking millennials and what to do instead so you’re a breath of fresh air
- LinkedIn 101 – How to create a profile that gets you job opportunities & reach out to potential employers (with a step-by-step script)
- A step-by-step process to do before stepping foot in an interview
SUAA Travel Program LIVE Info Session
6:30 p.m., Robert C. Byrd CHE Auditorium
Discover Scotland 2019! This presentation will be done as a live, in person information session. Get information on the trip, booking, and deposit process.
SUAA Travel Program Follow-up Webinar
10 a.m., online in the comfort of your own home or office
Discover Scotland 2019!
LINK to webinar coming soon!
Southwest Florida Regional Alumni Gathering
2 p.m., Duffy’s Sports Grill
(21253 Stoneybrook Golf Blvd. Estero, FL 33928)
Please RSVP to Pam Wilmer ’68, SW Florida Regional Ambassador at email@example.com or 304-671-3614.
Accounting Club Alumni Dinner
6-9 p.m., Student Center, Storer Ballroom
Invitations to be sent. More information and registration link coming soon!
Emeritus Club Luncheon & Induction Ceremony
Honoring the Class of 1969 on the 50th anniversary of their graduation. Invitations to be sent. Online registration link coming soon!
May 9, 2019
10:30 a.m. – Check in & Social
Ram’s Den, 1st Floor, Student Center
11:30 a.m. – Buffet lunch & Program
Storer Ballroom, 3rd Floor, Student Center
Trolley Tour of Campus directly following the end of lunch and program.
Meet at the bus stop on King Street outside of the Student Center.
CLICK HERE to see a full schedule of all University events!