Fall 2021 Freshman Students:
Ensure your collegiate career success with Summer Start, Shepherd University’s five-week summer academic program!
Shepherd University’s Summer Start program provides college-bound first-year students the ability to begin college early by enrolling in up to 7 credits during the summer semester.
The Summer Start Program
- A month-long residential program offered July 6 – August 4 for first-year college-bound students
- Complete up to seven credit hours in transferrable coursework toward your degree
- Optional cultural activities and outdoor excursions including fieldtrips, theater experiences, river days, and more
- Meet other incoming students and get a jump on academic success
- Dedicated faculty and program tutors to support your success
- Study skills and life skills workshops
- Individualized advising continues into your first semester for Shepherd students to keep you on track and ensure a successful first year
- Fall 2021 scholarships are available for incoming Shepherd students who successfully complete the program
Program tuition: 1-credit hour = resident/$317, non-resident/$752
Applications are now open for summer 2021. Priority deadline is May 1.
Questions? Email Shannon Holliday, Summer Start Program Director, at email@example.com or call (304) 876-5461.