Before You Go
Pre-departure preparation ensures that you have a successful, productive and safe experience abroad.
- Use the pre-departure checklist to get organized.
- Read how to adapt and adjust to a new culture.
- Use the following information to help you prepare for your time abroad – everything from registration to medication precautions and insurance.
- Code of Conduct: All Shepherd students are still bound by the Shepherd code of conduct while studying abroad.
- Follow the Study Abroad Club on Instagram @rams_abroad for pictures of fellow students and their time travelling. Send a message to the account if you want to be featured!
- Take some time to check out the student testimonies or student’s blogs.
- Pre-departure orientation includes a mandatory in-person session with students who have studied abroad and with the Director of Study Abroad. Make an appointment with Yin Star for your pre-departure session.