The 2023-2028 University Strategic Plan is comprised of
- Goals – The Goals are derived directly from the new university Mission and Vision Statements, which were approved by the Board of Governors in December 2022
- Strategies – The Strategies serve as the prioritized pathways aligned with the Goals. In combination, these Goals and Strategies will define what the Shepherd experience is to be for its members and the direction we take to make it so.
Implementation of the plan is directly tied to Tactics. We define these as action steps that will best allow us to implement our Strategies, reach our Goals, fulfill our Mission, and achieve our Vision. Tactics will be implemented on a rolling basis, in order to be as responsive as possible to circumstances while keeping our focus on successfully executing Tactics. Each Tactic will have assigned to it the following:
- Accountable party – empowered to act to realign any divergence from successful completion of all action item
- Responsible parties – work alongside the accountable party to ensure successful completion of all action items
- Completion date – as there is a required sense of urgency, dates are designed to be aggressive
- Product – tangible output
- Key Performance Indicators – drives and is driven by assessment; objective measurements of success
In addition, any products from tactical implementation resulting in new tactics must contain within themselves explicit identification of accountable party, responsible parties, timeline/completion date, products and KPIs for those subsequent tactics.