Diversity and Equity Committee sponsors the Storer College Faculty Award, which recognizes a member of Shepherd’s faculty each year who incorporates diversity and social justice into the classroom, research, scholarship, and interaction with students. The award highlights the significance of Storer College’s commitment to educating students of color in the Eastern Panhandle.
The winner is selected by the Storer College Award Committee and receives a $500 stipend to be used toward professional development. Each recipient is recognized on a perpetual plaque located in the Storer Ballroom.
Storer Faculty Award Recipients
- 2020 Dr. Ann Wendle, College Student Development and Administration Program Coordinator
- 2019 Dr. Eva-Maria Suarez Budenbender, Associate Professor of Spanish
- 2018 Dr. Dawn Raines Burke, Professor of Education
- 2017 Dr. Heidi Hanrahan, Associate Professor of English
- 2016 Dr. Richard Stevens, Associate Professor and Director, College Student Development and Administration (CSDA) Program, Acting Dean of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education
- 2015 Dr. Chiquita Howard-Bostic, Associate Professor of Sociology and Chair, Department of Sociology and Geography
Storer Scholarship for Shepherd Students
Shepherd University is committed to preserving the aspirations of Storer College graduates. Shepherd’s Foundation provides an opportunity for students to apply for a Storer College Scholarship, an endowment created by George King II, an alumnus of Storer College.