Popodicon – Business Residence of the President
109 Shepherd Grade Road
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
Shepherd University is fortunate to have a beautiful home and spacious grounds as part of its campus. After receiving requests from several individuals about holding weddings and other formal events on campus, the President has decided to share this lovely space with the Shepherd campus and community.
- Popodicon is available for rent from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m., excluding time for setup and cleanup.
- All outdoor events must end by 10 p.m. on Sunday – Thursday evenings and 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings in order to allow for cleanup and closure of the site by midnight.
- Rental includes use of the first floor of the home and the grounds. The second floor, third floor, and basement are not available for any Client use, except as specifically approved.
- Chairs, tables, rental toilets, etc. are not included in the rental fee and are the responsibility of the Client.
- Special arrangements can be made in advance for weddings which would include use of a second floor changing room(s) and restroom for the bridal party.
- Reception – 60 individuals maximum
- Plated Dinner – Dining room table seats 12 individuals maximum
- Buffet Style Dinner – Tables/chairs (must be rented by Client as determined following discussions with catering staff) – 32 individuals maximum
- Front Porch – Three (3) 48” round tables fit comfortably on the front porch.
- Lawn >500 guests.
- If an outdoor event exceeds 50 invitees, Client must pay cost of rental toilet(s), at a ratio of 50 invitees per rental toilet.
- Shepherd University Catering is the approved, exclusive caterer for all events held at Popodicon.
- Wedding cakes may be purchased from an outside vendor.
- Wedding cakes and alcohol are the only food and beverages which may be brought to the premises by the Client and their guests.
- No events may be scheduled that charge admission to the property except for non-profit organizations conducting fundraising events. In the case of any uncertainty, Client may be required to prove non-profit status.
- All events hosted at Popodicon are by invitation only and not open to the public, unless otherwise noted.
Individuals, groups or organizations desiring to rent Popodicon, home and/or grounds, must first complete the Popodicon Event Request Form.
For more information about Popodicon, please email email@example.com
Please note: All events hosted at Popodicon are by invitation only and not open to the public, unless otherwise noted.