Support Political Science, Global Studies and Geography
Donations to this fund would be used to cover ongoing and recurring expenses such as:
- purchasing refreshments for student events (e.g., capstone research presentations)
- purchasing needed supplies and equipment
- professional development for faculty
- Give Here
Donations to these scholarship funds ensure the department’s ability to recognize student achievement with monetary awards:
- Harry V. Klug Memorial Scholarship: Designated for students majoring in political science who exhibit leadership, political activism, and scholarship at Shepherd University and in the community. This endowment was established in 1996 in memory of Dr. Klug, a former chairman and professor of political science and history at Shepherd College from 1948 to 1966.
- G.D. Bragaw Scholarship: In Memory of Robert A. and Joan Lux, this scholarship is designated for history or political science and global study majors. This endowment was initially established in memory of Bo Bragaw’s grandfather, who was an intellectual as well as an outdoorsman. When Bo’s grandmother passed in 2005, her name was added to the award.
- James S. Hafer Memorial Scholarship: For political science majors, this endowment was established in memory of James Stanley Hafer, a former Shepherd College political science and history professor.
- Louise Leonard Nelson Memorial Scholarship: Designated for West Virginia residents majoring in political science or global studies, this endowment was established in 2000 by Mrs. Nelson, a former WV state senator.
- Bonnie and Bill Stubblefield Scholarship in Political Communications: Presented to a deserving undergraduate student majoring in Shepherd University’s new Political Communications Concentration.
- Give Here
The department takes pride in recruiting and training students to participate in regional and national presentations, argumentation, and public speaking tournaments. Our students have won numerous awards and continue to show excellence at these highly competitive events. Donations to this fund can be used to support: