Main Menu

Non-Degree Seeking Students

Special Non-Degree Students and Transient Students

Students who plan to enroll at Shepherd University but do not plan to complete a degree at Shepherd may apply using the special non-degree application. This includes students who plan to take credit at Shepherd to transfer over to their home institution or students who simply wish to take credit for personal enrichment.

To apply as a special non-degree or transient student:

  1. Complete the online application OR download and complete the Special Non-Degree Student form.
  2. Make sure to check your student type on the form: Transient, Special, Post-Baccalaureate, or WV Senior Citizen.
  3. Answer all questions and fill in all fields.  Use the class schedule to complete the Course Registration portion.  Be sure to sign the form.
  4. Submit the completed form to the Office of Admissions (see contact information below).
  5. Once your form is received and processed, you will be sent a confirmation letter.
  6. Please complete and mail this form as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for processing.
Mailing Address Shepherd University
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 5000
Shepherdstown, WV 25443-5000
Fax 304-876-5165