ISSUED: 21 September 2020
MEDIA CONTACT: Valerie Owens
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — The Shepherd University School of Music announces a series of virtual master classes and clinics geared toward aspiring young musicians and prospective music majors.
The master classes and clinics are free; however participants must register online in advance at https://www.shepherd.edu/music/event-ticket-and-registrations. A link to the event will be sent by email before the scheduled date and time.
Master classes and clinics offered are:
- Friday, September 25, 3 p.m.—Richard Polonchak, adjunct music faculty, presents Performance Techniques for the High School Bassoonist.
- Friday, October 2, 3 p.m.—Jeremy Koch, adjunct music faculty, presents a Saxophone Master Class.
- Friday, October 9 at 3 p.m.—James Martin, adjunct music faculty, presents Working with the Collaborative Artist: Tips for Recital Preparation.
- Friday, October 23, 3 p.m.—Dr. Simon Wildman, adjunct music faculty, presents The Low Down on Low Brass.
- Friday, October 30, 3 p.m.—Dr. Yu-Hsuan Liao, associate professor of music, presents a Piano Master Class.
- Friday, November 13, noon—Dr. Candice Mowbray, adjunct music faculty, presents The Art of Classical Guitar.
- Tuesday, November 24, 1 p.m.— Richard Hopkins, adjunct music faculty, presents The Rise of the Jamaican Recording Industry and the Myth of Bob Marley.
For updates and additional events, visit www.shepherd.edu/music.
— 30 —