ISSUED: 29 August 2019
MEDIA CONTACT: Valerie Owens
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — The Student Showcase Exhibition is on display at Shepherd University’s Phaze 2 Gallery’s until September 5. A closing reception is scheduled for Thursday, September 5, from 4-6 p.m. The exhibit and reception are both free and open to the public.
The exhibit features selected artwork from students in the Department of Contemporary Art and Theater. It highlights the work being generated by student artists and has been on display throughout the summer to coincide with the Contemporary American Theater Festival.
The Phaze 2 Gallery is a cultural contact point between the Shepherdstown community and the outside world of contemporary art, primarily exhibiting emerging artists who are working to elevate the way visitors think and see by challenging the popular concepts and traditions of their disciplines. As an instructional tool for the Department of Contemporary Art and Theater, the Phaze 2 Gallery provides a venue for students, exhibiting artists, community, and art faculty.
Other exhibits planned for the 2019-2020 school year are:
- September 9-October 2—2019 Faculty Exhibition, with artist reception on September 12 from 4-6 p.m.October 7-November 4—Zac Benson installation and sculpture exhibit, with artist reception and lecture on October 7, 4-6 p.m.
- November 12-January 6—Mark Webber, figure painter, with artist reception on November 12 from 4-6 p.m.
- January 27-February 21—Eli Walker, collaborative conceptual painting, with a reception on January 30, 4-6 p.m.
- March 2-19—Student Honors Exhibition, with award ceremony and reception on March 2, 4-6 p.m.
- March 26-April 16—Finders, Buyers, Traders, Makers: Works from the Private Collections of Shepherd University Art Faculty, with a reception on March 26, 4-6 p.m.
The Phaze 2 Gallery is open Monday-Thursday from noon-7 p.m., Friday from noon-4:30 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m., or by special request
For more information, contact Evan Boggess, gallery director, at email@example.com.
— 30 —