ISSUED: 17 April 2015
MEDIA CONTACT: Valerie Owens
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — The Shepherd University Department of Music will present a concert featuring the work of student composers on Monday, April 20 at 3:15 p.m. in the Frank Center McCoy Rehearsal Hall.
The recital will highlight a variety of completed works and works in progress by six student composers: Louise Campbell, Frederick, Maryland; Anthony Farris, New Creek; Patrick Harper, Gaithersburg, Maryland; Ian Karraker, Boynton Beach, Florida; Ryan Stewart, Hagerstown, Maryland; and Walker Williams, Berkeley Springs.
Works that will be performed include:
- Selections from “Celtic Suite”by Walker Williams, who will play pennywhistle, and featuring Melissa McKay, flute; Ashley Walizer, clarinet; Ashleigh Stottlemyer, horn; and Ryan McClure, bassoon.
- An excerpt from “Masada,” an opera by Ian Karraker, performed by Jordan Bushong-Taylor, mezzo-soprano; Liz Traversie, cellist; and Nathan Arch, piano.
- An excerpt from “Three Sutras for Flute Quartet” by Anthony Farris performed by Melissa McKay, Katie Houle, Kia Jones, and Rachael Termohlen.
- “Licorice Valley (a game of chemical spills)”by Patrick Harper, with Adrielle Mills, viola; Ryan McClure, bassoon; Mary Granofsky, piano; and Zach Janiak, percussion pad.
- A work for percussion ensemble by Louise Campbell titled “Le Lapin Fou,” featuring Sawyer Gaydon, Ron Rowlett, Harry Koval, Louise Campbell, Michael Vacek, Emily Ciaccio, and Michael Kincaid.
The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, call 304-876-5555 or visit www.shepherd.edu/musicweb.
— 30 —