ISSUED: 28 October 2014
MEDIA CONTACT: Valerie Owens
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — The Shepherd University Accounting Club is sponsoring Meet the Firms on Wednesday, November 5, from 6-8 p.m., in the Storer Ballroom of the Student Center.
“This event will provide accounting students with the opportunity to learn more about the businesses and careers of the accounting field in the surrounding area, as well as provide the opportunity for students to network with accounting professionals,” said Cindy Vance, assistant professor of accounting.
Vance said Meet the Firms also allows companies to meet potential future employees. So far the companies that have signed up to participate are:
- Yount, Hyde & Barbour, P.C.
- CoxHollida & Professionals, PLLC
- Smith Elliott Kearns & Company
- Ours, Lawyer & Lewis Company, PLLC
- American Woodmark
- U.S. Small Business Administration Small Business Development Center
- Becker CPA Review
- Roger’s CPA Review
- Shepherd University Advising Assistance Center, Career Services
Students attending the event are encouraged to bring résumés and to dress in business casual or professional clothing. Direct RSVPs to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact email@example.com.
— 30 —