Master of Business Administration
Please follow the steps listed to complete this application:
- Online Application
- The application is required of all degree-seeking students, regardless of whether you are interested in part-time or full-time studies.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is required of all applicants, except for current Shepherd University students, alumni, and employees.
- Please read the statement which relates to the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Students wishing to pursue a graduate certificate may enroll as a certificate-only student or may pursue the certificate while working toward any graduate degree.
MBA Admissions Requirements
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A résumé.
- A letter of intent that describes the how the student envisions using the M.B.A. degree to enhance their personal and career goals.
M.B.A. Foundations Program
Because some foundational experience in accounting, statistics, and economics is crucial to success in the Shepherd M.B.A. program, students admitted to the M.B.A. must meet three content area prerequisites: Accounting (I and II), Statistics, and Economics. Foundational courses at the undergraduate level must have been taken within the last seven years with a grade of “C” or higher.
Applicants who lack this undergraduate coursework can fulfill the foundational requirements in one of three ways:
- Taking the appropriate graduate foundations coursework at the graduate level (MBA-FDA, MBA-FDE, MBA-FDS. Courses are offered online and face-to-face. These are admissions requirements and do not count toward the overall M.B.A. degree attainment).
- Passing the appropriate CLEP test(s), scoring at or above the 80th percentile.
- Submitting a portfolio of work-related experience (where appropriate) and requesting an evaluation of academic coursework by the M.B.A. coordinator. Applicants may begin the M.B.A. program while completing their prerequisite courses.
Foundational courses must be completed within the first year of enrollment in the M.B.A. program.