Note: make sure you download Adobe XI (11.0.02) of Adobe Reader to fill in the form: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
General Application Procedures
Please follow the steps listed to complete this application:
- Save a copy of the .pdf application to your desktop.
- The application is required of all degree-seeking students, regardless of whether you are interested in part-time or full-time studies.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is required of all applicants, except for those parties listed in #3. A check or money order, payable to Shepherd University, should be sent with this application form to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Application fees are waived for current Shepherd students, alumni, and employees.
- Please read the statement which relates to the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher OR for students with less than a 2.75 GPA, meet the requirements for conditional admission.
Additionally, all students must also submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A résumé.
- A letter of intent that describes the how the student envisions using the M.B.A. degree to enhance their personal and career goals.
M.B.A. Foundations Program
Because some foundational experience in accounting, statistics, and economics is crucial to success in the Shepherd M.B.A. program, students admitted to the M.B.A. must meet three content area prerequisites: Accounting (I and II), Statistics, and Economics. Foundational courses at the undergraduate level must have been taken within the last seven years with a grade of “C” or higher.
Applicants who lack this undergraduate coursework can fulfill the foundational requirements in one of three ways:
- Taking the appropriate graduate foundations coursework at the graduate level (MBA-FDA, MBA-FDE, MBA-FDS. Courses are offered online and face-to-face. These are admissions requirements and do not count toward the overall M.B.A. degree attainment).
- Passing the appropriate CLEP test(s), scoring at or above the 80th percentile.
- Submitting a portfolio of work-related experience (where appropriate) and requesting an evaluation of academic coursework by the M.B.A. coordinator. Applicants may begin the M.B.A. program while completing their prerequisite courses.
Foundational courses must be completed within the first year of enrollment in the M.B.A. program.