Shepherd’s MBA is now available both online and face-to-face to match your needs!
About the Program
When you enroll in Shepherd’s MBA program, you will become immersed in a stimulating environment that is diverse, challenging, and focused on both global connections and real-world experiences. Whether you choose the in-person or online option, you’ll hone your business and leadership skills, make lasting connections, and gain a competitive advantage in the job market.
Is this program in-person or online?
Both options are available, and it is your choice! The Shepherd MBA can now be completed in-person at the Martinsburg Center in Martinsburg, West Virginia, or 100% online, offering you the ultimate flexibility to earn your degree while fulfilling job and family obligations. Taught by accredited faculty, the program is geared towards providing the skill sets most desired by today’s employers. Learn more about career paths for MBA students here.
What makes Shepherd’s MBA different?
- Small classes and committed faculty allow you to receive individualized attention, while building a valuable network to support your career after your time at Shepherd.
- Flexibility: Working adults benefit from flexible scheduling, 8-week classes, hybrid formats, and online or in-person choices.
- Location: If you select the in-person option, classes are held in the Martinsburg Center, conveniently located right off Interstate 81 in Martinsburg, WV. And if you choose the online option, your classroom is wherever you want it to be!
- Affordability: As a state institution, Shepherd’s tuition rates are affordable for all budgets.
- Summer and evening courses make it easy for working adults to take the classes they need to succeed.
- 8 optional concentrations and certificate options to meet your career goals:
- Dual degree option: For students interested in pursuing or advancing a career in higher education, our dual degree program in College Student Development Administration (CSDA) combined with an MBA will provide you with both academic and real-world experience.
- 4+1 option: For students considering an undergraduate degree at Shepherd, you can earn your bachelor’s degree and MBA in as little as five years.
What are the admission requirements?
Learn more about the MBA’s admission requirements. These admissions requirements also apply to the MBA certificate programs.
Admission requirements for the Dual MBA/CSDA degree can be found here.
Are there any prerequisites?
Yes, students must meet three content area prerequisites in accounting, statistics, and economics. These courses must have been taken within the last ten years with a grade of C or higher. Learn more about the required prerequisites on our Admission Requirements page.
What classes would I take?
The MBA program is a 36-42-credit hour program. All students take 27 credits of core coursework. For students with a concentration, you will take 9-15 credits of electives. For students without a concentration, 9 hours of electives is required. Learn more about the MBA curriculum here.
When can I start?
MBA students can begin classes in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. There is no reason to wait: start your climb to your dream career!
How much does the MBA program cost?
Tuition for the MBA program is $485 per credit hour for the 2021-2022 school year, plus a program fee of $45/semester for part-time students (less than 9 credits) and $70/semester for full-time students (9 or more credits). See Shepherd University’s Course Catalog for more information.
How do I apply?
Get started on your dream career today! We make admission decisions on a rolling basis, and you will have your acceptance within 2 weeks of our receipt of all application materials. Fill out the online application to apply. There is a $40 application fee.
Who can I contact with questions?