Note: make sure you download Adobe XI (11.0.02) of Adobe Reader to fill in the form: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
General Application Procedures
Please follow the steps listed below in completing this application form:
- The application is required of all degree-seeking students, regardless of whether you are interested in part-time or full-time studies.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is required of all applicants, except for those parties listed in #3. A check or money order, payable to Shepherd University, should be sent with this application form to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Application fees are waived for current Shepherd students, alumni, and employees.
- Please read the statement which relates to the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
CSDA Admission Requirements:
1. Entrants must have completed a bachelor’s degree with either a 2.75 in all undergraduate coursework OR meet the requirements for conditional admission.
2. CSDA students must complete one essay question: What do you hope to do with a Master’s in College Student Development and Administration?
3. Writing Sample: 5-7 pages of a previously written research paper OR submit a 5-7 page research paper discussing a current trend in higher education.
4. Reference letter from a faculty member answering the following question: How is this student prepared for the rigor of graduate school, specifically addressing oral and written communication skills? (Optional)
Deadline for fall applicants seeking to participate in assistantship interview process: February 15
Deadline for fall applicants not interested in assistantship interviews: July 31
Deadline for spring applicants: November 15