Course Reserves are supplemental materials placed on hold by instructors so they can be accessible to multiple students in the course.
Course Reserves are located behind the Public Services Desk. Students must use their Rambler card to check out the material(s).
Please provide the following information to library staff:
- Title of material
- Instructor’s name
- Course number
Students can search the Course Reserve link in WorldCat Discovery to determine whether their instructor has placed materials on reserve. Search by either the instructor’s last name, the course number (BIOL 103/104), or the course name (General Biology). Ask at the Public Services desk to determine if the item is currently available.
Loan periods are determined by the instructor and vary from 2 hours to 7 days.
|Course Reserve Loan Period||Overdue Fine|
|No accrual limit on overdue fines.|
The following items may be placed on reserve:
- Materials from the Scarborough Library collection
- Materials from the instructor’s personal collection
The following items may not be placed on reserve:
- Interlibrary loans
- Netflix/Redbox DVDs
Loan period options include:
- Two hours (library use only)
- Four hours (library use only)
- Three days
- Seven days
To help us serve you better, please observe the following guidelines:
- Bring materials to the Public Services desk at least three days prior to the time students will request them.
- A Faculty Course Reserve form must be completed each time materials are placed on reserve.
- Because of limited space, please be selective and place on reserve only those materials that will receive frequent use.
- If you opted on the Faculty Course Reserve Form to pick up your materials when they are no longer needed, please do so promptly.
Questions regarding course reserves may be addressed to Theresa Smith.