Course Reserves are supplemental materials placed on hold by instructors and are located behind the Public Services desk. Upon request, a member of the library staff will retrieve the item for you.
Please provide the following information to library staff:
- Title of material
- Instructor’s name
- Course number
Have your Shepherd University ID (Rambler) card available for checkout.
Students can search the Course Reserve link in WorldCat Discovery to determine whether materials have been placed on reserve by their instructor Search by either the instructor’s last name, the course number (BIOL 103/104) or the course name (general biology). Ask at the Public Services desk to determine if the item is currently available.
Loan periods are determined by the instructor and vary from 2 hours to 7 days.
The following items may be placed on reserve:
- Materials from the Scarborough Library collection
- Materials from the instructor’s personal collection
The following items may not be placed on reserve:
- Interlibrary loans
Loan period options include:
- Two hours (library use only)
- Four hours (library use only)
- Three days
- Seven days
To help us serve you better, please observe the following guidelines:
- Bring materials to the Public Services desk at least three days prior to the time students will request them. A Faculty Course Reserve form must be completed each time materials are placed on reserve and is available both at the Public Services desk and online.
- Because of limited space, please be selective and place on reserve only those materials that will receive frequent use.
- If you opted, on the Faculty Course Reserve Form, to pick up your materials when they are no longer needed, please do so promptly.
Questions regarding course reserves may be addressed to Jess Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org), Course Reserve Coordinator.