The Library’s 24-Hour Room is available to currently enrolled Shepherd University students as a place to study during and after library hours.
After normal library operating hours, the 24-Hour Room may be accessed with a current student Rambler card from the south-side door of the library, across from Byrd Science Center. Current faculty and staff working in the library also have Rambler card access to the 24-Hour Room as a point of entry.
For your safety, and the safety of others, do not allow non-students to enter the 24-Hour Room behind you. Consider someone a non-student, if the person is not known to you as a student. If the unknown person is a student, they should swipe their own Rambler card for entry.
While using the 24-Hour Room, the following rules apply:
- No Pets (except properly identified service animals)
- Reasonable quiet is expected
- Parents/caregivers must supervise the behavior of their children at all times
- No alcoholic beverages
- No tobacco products, including e-cigarettes
- No sleeping overnight
- No bathing
- Misconduct such as the following will result in expulsion from the premises:
- Foul or threatening language/gestures
- Public drunkenness
- Persistent loudness
- Other offensive behavior
Disruptive behavior should be reported to library staff immediately.
After normal operating hours, CONTACT CAMPUS POLICE: (304) 876-5202