Keys to Success
Stay on track, step into different opportunities, and begin to gear up and plan for your senior year and beyond! Discuss these with your students and help them prepare, you are the support system they trust and look towards for guidance.
Staying on Track
- Stay focused on your academic goals; get to know your department faculty and keep on track by continuing to meet with your academic advisor or stop by the Advising Assistance Center to check out your degree evaluation.
- Continue to go to your classes regularly, and ask for help when needed! Use the tutoring services provided by the Academic Support Center, they can help you in most all subjects.
Stepping into Opportunities
- Explore options to learn and study abroad. Seek out opportunities to study outside the country with study abroad, sign up for local service learning opportunities through Alternative Spring Break (ASB) and more!
- Earn credits and expand your resume while gaining meaningful professional experience through internships or externships or even as a research assistant. Find these opportunities through discussion with your advisors, faculty, staff, or in Career Services.
- Challenge yourself and hone your leadership skills. Become an officer in a student organization, run for the Student Government Association.
Gearing up for Senior Year & Beyond
- Stay involved in campus activities and plan for the best year yet!
- Continue to connect with peers and professionals to build and expand upon your network. This is a good time for students to create or update their professional social media accounts.
- Consider continuing your education and research timelines and requirements for graduate or professional school applications. Take admission prep courses and test to review for the MCAT, LSAT, GMAT, or GRE, if appropriate