When employees have name changes, they need to update their records in Human Resources. Additionally, there are steps that that can be taken through IT Services to update users’ email addresses and usernames.
Part 1: Display Name Change Process
- Employee contacts HR to request name change.
- Employee supplies HR with two forms of Federal or State Government forms of identification – one photo ID plus Social Security card. The names on both IDs must match.
- HR updates Banner record.
- This update changes the display name that is shown in email contacts and the campus directory.
- Banner updates nightly. Downstream system changes can take up to 24 hours.
- HR also updates name in wvOASIS, the state payroll system.
Part 2: Network Username and/or Email Alias Change Process
If an employee wants to update their network username and/or email address additional process steps and time are required as explained below.
- Employee opens ticket w/IT Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket includes current username
- The user specifies if they want username and/or email updated
- IT Services will respond to user to coordinate timing for change.
Note: User will need to log out of all systems before the remaining steps take place
- IT Services updates username in Active Directory.
- IT Services manually renames personal M drive to new username.
- IT Services manually sets forward on email to new alias email.
- User logs in the following day with new username.
- Ancillary system usernames will need to be updated and authenticated separately. Examples: email on phone, tablet, Registration Wi-Fi.