Main Menu

How to Change Your Address

If your home mailing address has changed, it is important that you update your records with Shepherd University and its affiliated groups.  To do that, you will need to submit that change to several different places.  Please follow the instructions below in order to update your records.

To change your mailing address in Banner, which is Shepherd University’s primary information system, please log into RAIL (  Click on Personal Information and then select Update Addresses and Phones.  There you will be able to change your home mailing address.  If you find when you go into RAIL that you do not have a home mailing address listed, please contact the Human Resources staff so that they can enter an address for you.  After they do that, you can make changes as needed in the future.

Once you have changed your mailing address in RAIL, an email notification automatically will be generated to the Human Resources Office and the Payroll Office, so you do not need to contact those offices individually to update your mailing address.  However, you will need to update your tax forms, which can be found here.  Please give your updated tax forms to the Payroll Office.

wvOASIS – To change your address in wvOASIS, which is the State’s payroll system, log in to myApps (  Click on the green box labeled ESS (Employee Self Service).  On the Home tab, select Update Address.  Verify the information that is on the first screen and click Next to go to the remaining screens to update your information.  Once you have made the changes, click on Submit.

To change your mailing address with the West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency (PEIA), please log into PEIA’s Benefits Administration System (i.e. Manage My Benefits site).  You will need to register if this is the first time you have used PEIA’s Manage My Benefits site.

To change your mailing address with Mountaineer Flexible Benefits (FBMC Benefits Management, Inc.) please complete the FBMC Demographic Change Form and submit it to the Office of Human Resources for processing.

To change your mailing address with TIAA, please log into TIAA’s website (  You will need to register if this is the first time you have accessed your TIAA records online.  Click on My Profile at the top of the page; next click on Contact Information and eDelivery Preferences; and, finally, click on Edit My Contact Information.  There you can type in your new address information.

Several organizations that are affiliated with Shepherd University manage their own databases and you will need to contact them individually to update your mailing address.  Please use the following contact information for this purpose.

Shepherd University Foundation – Contact BreAnne Rugh at 304-876-5195 or Changes made through the Foundation Office will also be shared with the Scarborough Society.

Shepherd University Alumni Association – Contact Katie Swayne at 304-876-5524 or