Main Menu

Helpful Links & Forms

Advising Forms

Satisfactory Academic Progress Forms – Learn how Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) impacts your enrollment status and how to petition for financial aid to be reinstated. Make an appointment with the Advising Assistance Center to complete the required forms.

Academic Change Form – This form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office if you wish to change your major, minor, concentration, catalog year, and/or advisor.

Advising Pre-Planning Worksheet – Utilize this worksheet to prepare for meetings with your advisor.

Graduation Goal Sheet – Utilize this worksheet to map out which classes you need to take to graduate and when is best for you to take those classes.

Request for Exception to Academic Regulation – (petition) Contact the Advising Assistance Center for help in filling out the petition form.

Time Management Worksheet – This form can help manage class times during the registration process.

Course Substitution and Waiver form– Consult with your advisor and department chair on this form if you need to substitute one course for another.

Core Curriculum Worksheet

Resources & Other Helpful Links

Shepherd University Catalog – The catalog contains all degree requirements and class descriptions for programs offered at Shepherd University. If you are looking for your program requirements, load the correct catalog year for you to see the correct requirements. Ask your advisor if you are unsure of your catalog year.

RAIL – RAIL is where students can register for classes, accept financial aid offers, update personal information and more.

Class Schedule – The Class Schedule is where students can find all available classes for registration in the chosen semester.

DegreeWorks – DegreeWorks is your degree audit tool. Log in to RAIL to access DegreeWorks where you can view your academic standing and progress toward degree completion.

The Office of Financial Aid – The Office of Financial Aid can help with all questions related to financial aid. They can help you find aid opportunities and apply for aid.

The Office of the Registrar – The Office of the Registrar can help with obtaining transcripts, major changes, graduation, and diplomas.

The Office of Finance (or Business Office) – The Finance Office can help with tuition and fees.

Career Services  Career Services provides career-related assistance to all current Shepherd students and alumni.

For Faculty:

Advising Information for Faculty

Academic Advising Manual