The Shepherd University Faculty Research Forum provides a venue for faculty members to present original scholarly research to the Shepherd community. The goals of the forum are to highlight the scholarly accomplishments of faculty members, to introduce students to advanced research methods and presentation styles, to encourage scholarly collaboration, and to work across all disciplines to improve the culture of scholarly inquiry at Shepherd University.
The Faculty Research Forum has been designed as a supplement to established faculty forums and presentation venues that focus on other areas of faculty accomplishment, such as visual art exhibits, musical performances, readings of creative works, and presentations of pedagogical research. The FRF welcomes presentations of original empirical, theoretical or critical research within a discipline. Preference will be given to current or cutting-edge scholarship within a discipline that has been published by or submitted to refereed academic journals or presented at recognized academic conferences. Preference will also be given to topics that generate a broad interest among students, staff, and faculty outside of the relevant discipline. We invite proposals for presentations from faculty members in any department or academic unit on campus.
If you are interested in presenting your research at a future forum, please submit the following:
- a full abstract, an abbreviated abstract (max: 50 words), and a full bio
- journal, book and/or conference information where this research has been published, presented or submitted
- a digital image of yourself (if you do not have one, we can take one for you)
- day/time preference (daytime or evening presentation)
- list of materials required for your presentation (projector, overhead, stereo system)
Please send all information to Eva-Maria Budenbender, chair of the Faculty Research Forum, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.