COVID-19 vaccines are the most effective, preventative measure against severe disease and death from the Delta variant.
WEAR A MASK
On August 12, 2021, Shepherd University reinstated their mask mandate, requiring all individuals, regardless of their vaccination status, to wear a mask while in any University building. All masks must be worn properly — fully covering your nose and mouth — and even be worn if you are wearing a face shield.
- Not required while working alone in a closed office assigned to that employee for work and occupied solely by that employee at the time;
- Not required while working in a laboratory or other setting in which alternative facial protective equipment, which covers the nose and mouth, is utilized;
- Not required for employees or students who are assigned to live on campus, while inside their individual living quarters;
- Not required while in a single-occupancy restroom;
- Not required while eating in a room designated for eating meals and while maintaining reasonable distances from other persons who are also actively eating.
- Not required while exercising outdoors. When exercising at The Wellness Center, please refer to posted signage with their policies for each area of the facility.
We understand this comes at a time when we had all hoped the pandemic would be a memory. But know that Shepherd’s goal is to provide the safest in-person experience for students, faculty, staff, and guests — that means each person must do their part to protect themselves and others.
We must continue to increase the percentage of individuals who have registered their vaccine.
If you have not already done so, please register your vaccine online. (student registration, faculty/staff registration) If you have not registered your vaccine or are choosing to not be vaccinated, you must:
- Participate in onboard testing upon your return to campus
- Participate in surveillance testing
- Quarantine if exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive
While Shepherd University does not have a vaccine mandate, we strongly encourage everyone to be vaccinated and to register their vaccine (student registration, faculty/staff registration). A COVID-19 vaccine is the most effective way to protect yourself from severe illness caused by all COVID-19 variants. Increased vaccination rates, in combination with masking, social distancing, and handwashing, will help fight COVID-19 and prevent further transmission of the virus.
For more information about the Shepherd University mask mandate, announced August 12, 2021, please visit our COVID-19 website.