Welcome to the Event Planning website!
Shepherd University takes pride in hosting a variety of Campus events from Founders Day to Commencement
In order to coordinate events held by both external and internal groups, and to ensure resources are available for a successful event, we have created for your convenience this event planning list with hyperlinks. Please see below for specific offices and websites that you should be in contact with to make appropriate arrangements for your event.
To inform the campus community and to ensure security to all involved, it is of upmost importance that all events are placed on the University calendar.
General Event Planning Checklist – Excel format
- Calendars and Publicity
- Shepherd University Presidential Participation Request
- Shepherd University Catering – Aramark
- Special Event Annex Plan– additional planning may be requested if your event is:
- A gathering of 50 or more people.
- A gathering that will fill the facility to its authorized capacity.
- A gathering with attendees who may benefit from additional security.
- Political or movement focused rallies, vigils, demonstration, etc.
- Other gathering as deemed necessary by the Office of Community Relations and/or the University Police Department.
- IT Services/AV-Media Services
- Facilities Work Order Requests
- Campus Police – Public Safety and Parking
- Inventory of Poster Mounts and Display Systems – Academic Affairs
- Room Reservations
- Student Center- 304-876-5497 or Request Form
- Outdoor Spaces- 304-876-5497 or Request Form
- Reynolds Hall- 304-876-5076 or Contact Nick Mummert
- Ruth Scarborough Library- Virtual EMS
- Erma Ora Byrd – Contact Nursing Education Department (304-876-5341)
- Frank Center
- Frank Center Auditorium (Lobby, Stage, Shop), Dressing Room and Green Room – Contact Chase Molden
- All Other Room Requests in the Frank Center, including McCoy Rehearsal Hall, Shipley Recital Hall, and Classrooms – Contact Christina Smith
- Jefferson Room (White Hall 104) – Contact Sharon Carpenter
- Marinoff Theater – Contact Chase Molden
- Robert C. Byrd Center
- Scarborough Library
For additional guidance or recommendations, please contact Michelle Lawson (304-876-5030) or Amy Speck (304-876-5176)