High School Dual Enrollment
Students attending a high school in Berkeley and Jefferson Counties of West Virginia may be enrolled in both high school and college at the same time, while receiving college and high school credit simultaneously. After the completion of their sophomore year, students should visit their high school counselor to see if they are eligible for the Dual Enrollment Program.
To apply for High School Dual Enrollment, students will need to submit:
- Complete Application
- Letter of Recommendation from Principal, Guidance Counselor or Home School Coordinator
- Official Copy of high school transcript indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official ACT or SAT scores, if planning on enrolling in an English or Math class.
- Students wishing to enroll in a Math course at Shepherd must have at least a 500 on the Math section of the SAT or an 18 on the Math section of the ACT
- Students wishing to enroll in an English course at Shepherd must have at least a 480 on the Reading section of the SAT or an 18 on the English section of the ACT.
The priority deadline to apply for High School Dual Enrollment is May 1 for the Fall Semester and November 1 for the Spring Semester.