High School Dual Enrollment
High school and Home School students may be enrolled in both high school and college at the same time, while receiving college and high school credit simultaneously. After the completion of their sophomore year, students should visit their high school counselor to see if they are eligible for the Dual Enrollment Program.
To apply for High School Dual Enrollment, students will need to submit:
- Dual Enrollment Electronic Application (see below)
- Letter of Approval or Recommendation from Principal, Guidance Counselor or Home School Coordinator
- Official Copy of high school transcript or home school portfolio indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official ACT or SAT scores, if planning on enrolling in English, Math, or ECON 205.
- Students wishing to enroll in College Algebra must have a score of 530 on the Math section of the SAT or a 21 on the Math section of the ACT.
- Students wishing to enroll in an English course at Shepherd must have at least a 480 on the Reading section of the SAT or an 18 on the English section of the ACT.
- Priority Application Deadline: May 1 for Fall, November 1 for Spring.
Apply for Dual Enrollment – Application Opens February 1, 2022
Jefferson County Students
Berkeley County Students
We have many dual enrollment options for our homeschool families. Please view the presentation below for more information. Families should work directly with Shepherd University on course selections as each homeschool program is tailored to their individual student.
St. Maria Goretti Students
For more information, please contact Barbara Kandalis at 304-876-5162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.