A few items from the George Tyler Moore Center for the Study of the Civil War museum collection:
Chess set owned by Corporal Edward Saladin, Company A, 2nd West Virginia Mountain Infantry
Close-up of Saladin chess set pieces.
Boot pistol carried during the Civil War by surgeon Charles Thacher, 14th WV Infantry, beneath a copy of an image of Charles Thacher. Donated by Ruth Thacher, daughter-in-law of Charles Thacher.
New Testament and Psalms, presented “To Mrs. Elizabeth Shindler from her affectionate pastor, C. W. Andrews Nov: 1842”. Elizabeth was Conrad Shindler’s wife. The Reverend C. W. Andrews, D.D., was pastor of Trinity Episcopal Church from 1842 until his death in 1875. gift of Mary Tyler Moore.